[Digikam-devel] [Bug 147301] New: support for voice comments
mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Jun 27 17:43:02 BST 2007
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: support for voice comments
Platform: Compiled Sources
Component: Albums GUI
AssignedTo: digikam-devel kde org
ReportedBy: mikmach wp pl
Version: (using KDE Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
Many cameras (especially in compact area) has support for voice memos. Playing of those in Digikam isn't simple. Most important issue is separation of those memos from photo. You can OR view photo OR listen. It should be possible to do it at the same time.
My proposition how system should look:
- don't display sound files in album view.
- try to match sound files and pictures, it shouldn't be hard, they have usually the same name, only different extension
- when there is matching file display in thumbnail small icon of eg. loudspeaker
- it would be perfect if by clicking on that small icon voice memo could be played
- add support for playing of memos from Comments/Tags panel. Eg display loudspeaker icon in that panel, greyed out if audio file not available or active when available. Play file when clicked. I looked and cameras are usually supporting very limited length of those memos 10-30 secs (please comment if you find counterexample). I think more advanced controls like play, pause, rewind, etc. are not required. Maybe volume could be added and stop (could be done by second click on Play button). Note: due to layout of panels support for voice memos could take one whole row, it would be possible to put there more than one button
- add support for playing of voice memos in Preview and Slideshow modes (without need of opening panel). Playing in IE could be done only in panel
- tie audio and image files: when moving picture file from one album to another move also audio file
Please add comments :)
I think that could be nice example how Phonon works - bringing audio to completely different media.
I next stage nice feature could be added: record memos in Digikam (with similar 10-30 second limits) and use them not only for viewing in Digikam but also to create audio/video slideshows in mpeg4.
More information about the Digikam-devel