[Digikam-devel] Digikam + Nepomuk

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 23:53:17 BST 2007

2007/6/22, Sebastian TrĂ¼g <strueg at mandriva.com>:

> Hi Gilles,

Hi Seb,

How Are you...

now that you started the port of Digikam to KDE4 might be a good time to
> think
> about porting the tagging and rating in Digikam to Nepomuk.

What do you
> think? Are you interested in that? I would very much like to help you with
> that.

Like you can see in this file :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/KDE4PORT?revision=679068&view=markup

... We working hard to port digiKam under KDE4. We have started to port
digiKam since 2 weeks, with Marcel, Laurent and me. It's not yet the good
time to add a Neopomuk interface in digiKam... but yes, something must be
done in this way in the future, when all code will be ported and at least
tested to have a clean implementation.

I hope than all code will be ported during this summer.

In all case, this is what i recommend you :

1/ Contact, Marcel, witch are re-designed the digiKam database
backend/interface to be more flexible and robust for the future.

2/ Explain us exactly what do you want to do with this Nepomuk interface.
Are you perform read-only request in DB ?

3/ The Neopomuk interface source code will be hosted at this place in
digiKam :

 http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/database

4/ The Database structure with digiKam for KDE4 will be changed/improved to
host more pictures informations, to perform of course advanced search, based
for example on Exif/IPTC/GPS informations. This is not yet done, but it's
planed by Marcel...

5/ To design this interface, you will work with Marcel directly. He will
guide you with new digiKam DB.

And of course, thanks in advance for your help (:=)))...

Let's me hear if this plan is fine for you.

Friendly