[Digikam-devel] Odp: XMP metadata and GPS support

Andreas Huggel ahuggel at gmx.net
Thu Jun 21 06:30:01 BST 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 16:33, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Where we will store XMP schema from Adobe, M$ etc...?
>
> Look ExifTool database for details :
> http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html
>
> This is the job to Exiv2 or a high level interface as libkexiv2 ?

My preliminary thinking is that Exiv2 will use these just like the
existing tag lists. Exiv2 XMP key strings would then be

"Xmp.exif.ApertureValue", "Xmp.iptcCore.CountryCode"
or "Xmp.photoshop.Category" etc.

Or are there more levels than namespace and tag name? i.e., can XML
namespaces be nested?

-ahu.