[Digikam-devel] KDE4 port and portability...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:16:28 BST 2007

Hi all,

Like you know, digiKam source code is currently in port under KDE4 on svn
trunk.

A point  very important is to support others system than Linux/Unix in the
future. The KDE4 port will help us in this task...

But in source code it still some port witch are'nt portable under MAC OS and
Win32 because it use X11 header. If you perform a grep of "<X11" in source
code, you will see than :

libs/themeengine.cpp

...use X11 header to perform widgets color change accordinly with color
scheme theme.

libs/imageproperties/talbumlistview.cpp
digikam/albumfolderview.cpp
digikam/tagfolderview.cpp
digikam/tagfilterview.cpp

.. use X11 header to handle CTRL or SHIFT keys pressed by user during drag &
drop operations with Tags and Albums items.

Nota: the grep report too libs/greycstoration/CImg.h witch can use X11
header but compilation options disable X11 with CImg library. This is not a
problem...

Marcel, Laurent,

For the first point, Marcel have ping me in the pass about the new QT4 color
scheme with widgets. I think we must use it.

For the 2nd, CTRL+SHIFT keys handling can be done as well using a pure QT
implementation. The code relevant of X11 have been coded by Joern. I don't
know why exactly he have used this way...

What do you think about ?