[Digikam-devel] digikam 0.9.2-final (was: [Pkg-kde-extras] library transitions: libkdcraw 0.1.1, and soon libkexiv2)

Mark Purcell msp at debian.org
Thu Jun 14 07:02:59 BST 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> Today new version of libkdcraw, kipi-plugins and digikam were
> build/released.  Next week will see a new libkexiv2 release.

> libkexiv2 and libkdcraw with have a new ABI major version, so
> we have a little library transition pending :(

I'm more than a little concerned that upstream are releasing
digikam 0.9.2-final, but there are still a number of library transitions still
occurring at the same time.

Experience has taught us that no matter how small an underpinning library
transition is it needs time to bed down to work out incompatibilities. I
suspect there will be a soon 0.9.2+1 release, if we rush too much :-(

Gerhard, Gilles, if possible might I suggest that you don't yet release
digikam 0.9.2-final, but rather release digikam 0.9.2-rc1, while we let the
new versions of the underpinning libraries settle down and ensure there are
no hidden incompatibilities.

Then if things are working and there aren't problems reported, then release
0.9.2-final in say a week or two?

Mark