[Digikam-devel] Good (not so recent) news about sqlite and locking problem

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:28:29 BST 2007

Hi,

I may be better in the future, look here :

http://alastairs-place.net/2006/07/sqlite_and_mac/

"SQLite is quite a popular library, particularly on Mac OS X where it's
actually used to implement some system features.

Unfortunately, some of the filesystems on OS X (AFP, for instance) don't
implement advisory locking via the POSIX function fcntl(), which leads
SQLite to report that the "database is locked" whenever you try to use it.

Now, SQLite is included with Mac OS X, and Apple have been kind enough
to solve this problem..."

and :
http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html#version_3_3_8

"Added OS-X locking patches (beta - disabled by default)"

It would be great if somebody who has the problem can try the latest
version of sqlite with new locking system enabled...

Note: I recently, for the 1st time, faced this problem with a NFS share.
I found a workaround by mounting the nfs share with "nolock" option.
Don't ask me how it could be better like that, but at least, it worked
for me : I was able to start digiKam and browse all albums without
problem (but didn't try to modify anything as it was read-only access)...

--
Fabien