[Digikam-devel] Future plans : 0.9.2-final and KDE4 port...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Jun 13 10:59:13 BST 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

[...]

> Like libkipi and some plugins are already ported, i recommend to start KDE4
> port in trunk as well and let KDE3. I have not yet tested the plugins ported
> : all compile fine only. To port code can take a while especially about to
> learn new API from QT4 and KDE4. Marcel and me we will trying to provide a
> first KDE4 port of digiKam during this summer... I recommend you to port
> your plugin as weel and wait than a host will be ported to KDE4 to start
> test and add new features...

Just a thought: would it be possible to set up some
absolutely minimal (just load one image specified on
the command line) application using QT4/KDE4 which
would make use  of the new libkipi and the already ported plugins,
so that they could be tested?
This would allow to see any pitfalls (if any ;-) already at this stage
of the conversion and take this into account for other plugins?

Well, I don't no anything about what would be involved, so
this might be just a stupid idea... ;-)

Best, Arnd