[Digikam-devel] Algorithms using Cimg library which can be used in digiKam image editor...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 26 11:14:40 BST 2007

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Looking for new version of CImg library on project web site, i have
> found 2 interesting links (sorry it's in French) :
>
> * The first one is really cool tool to colorize a black & white picture
> using a simple color pattern :

Awesome! I've only looked at the pictures as my French is fairly rubbish
(tho' I really need to learn seeing as I go snowboarding in French
speaking countries pretty much every year!). Really quite impressive!

> * The second one is to render a picture as a comics:

Brilliant!  I've always been very jealous of the "throwaway" app on OSX
called ComicLife. I've always thought that a Kipi plugin could be
created to do a ComicLife style story board (vaugly similar to calendar
plugin.... kinda)

Would you envisage these effects being available to a Kipi plugin too? I
don't really know much about CImg so just querying. :)

Col