[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:00:14 BST 2007

2007/7/16, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > SVN commit 688541 by cgilles:
> >
> > KDE4 port. This is the last one to complete digiKam port under KDE4 !
> >
> > Note : this port is uncomplete. It just to be able to compile and link
> digiKam as well, and start testing...
> >
> > Marcel : QCUstomMenuItem implementation need to be ported to
> QWidgetAction. Still TODO..
>
> Nice milestone Gilles good work.

After a million of commiuts since 5 weeks, i'm tired. Need hollidays (:=)))

I guess I'd better crack out those KDE4 RPMs :)

> Out of interest. If i launch DK will it trash the old DK database or
> will it "migrate" it to a new version, leaving the old one in tact?

No. The digikam3.db will be renamed to digikam4.db. Content still unchanged
because we haven't yet modified the DB structure... but of it's planed for
KDE4...

The port is not the only thing to do with the new relase. We will work to
make a huge update of database, especially to store new photo informations
to perform advanced search :

GPS,
Haar matrix (to perform fuzzy comparison),
Photograph info (fnumber, focal, lens id, etc)
copyright
etc...