[Digikam-devel] Digikam menu usability improvements

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Wed Jan 24 17:35:35 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 24. of January 2007 12:30:49 Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > I would also like to move "Full Screen Mode" to View menu (currently in
> > settings) in all three applications and rename the option in DigiKam
> > (currently named "Toggle Full Screen Mode" in Digikam). This would also
> > make it consistent with Konqueror which also has this in View menu.
>
> Fine also, but it sound like a KDE usability problem. Look like Konqueror
> have this problem too (KDE 3.5.x)

I have commited this for Digikam editor and Showfoto together with View menu
change. I have also changed version in ui file as suggested by Achim on IRC.
I still need to finish Full screen in Digikam (probably tonight).

> There is already a file in B.K.O about this subject. If we fixing it, you
> can move we we want the kipi-plugins menu entry without to change anything
> in source code (XML-GUI files are used instead)
>
> kipi-plugins 0.1.3 will be released by angelo at soon. After, we can discut
> and work on this problem in kde-imaging ML.

OK, will look into this a bit more and try to propose something for post
0.9.1/0.1.3.

> > Next, larger one is DigiKam menu structure, which I think is more
> > complicated than other apps (Editor, ShowFoto) and needs a bit more
> > thought. See [4].
>
> Hum, not agree now. 0.9.1 need to be released before. After we can
> break/improve the editor menu structure if you want.

Agreed - this may also impact l10n - should we care about this for minor
(0.9.x) releases?

Regards,
Luka