[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Jan 20 14:18:55 GMT 2007

Le Mercredi 17 Janvier 2007 23:20, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> SVN commit 624738 by mwiesweg:
>
> Multiple selection for Comments&Tags right side bar
>
> When more than one image is selected, comment, rating, date and tags are
> compared. If a value is different across pictures it will be marked
> in the UI (grey text). The user can change such a value for all pictures,
> or leave it untouched.
>
> Additionally, there is a button "More" which allows a batch operation for
> the currently selected pictures, either Metadata->database or
> database->metadata (the latter only for multiple selection, for single
> selection this is equivalent to pressing the apply button).
>
> Problems and pending tasks:
> - test it

sure. 0.9.1-Beta1 will be a good feedback...

> - the Image Properties tab currently still displays only the first picture.
> It needs to support a multiple-selection mode with at least the file system
> properties.

Using a QWidgetStack can be a simple/clean solution. What do you think about?

> - the "More" button may clutter the UI, better implementations
> welcome

We will wait the user feedback.

> - in the navigate bar all four buttons are disabled. Perhaps hide
> them, but without making the whole layout jump (I didn't know how to do
> that)

It a simple layout management. Please give me a moc preview that what you want
exactly, i will take a look.

> - it would be nice if the number in "Editing 25 pictures" could be bold,
> but KSqueezedText does not allow rich text

yes ...

> - if a tag is added from IPTC metadata and newly created in DB,
>   it is unchecked initially in ImageDescEditTab. Need to debug.

> - metadata update notification currently always reloads if no changes are
> made, and does nothing if modified. For multiple selection more refined
> solutions are too complex. Perhaps it's ok like this.

Idem. we will wait user feedback...

Great job Marcel. thanks again...