[Digikam-devel] Experimental: under and over exposure indicator on Image Editor...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Jan 13 21:54:12 GMT 2007

Le Samedi 13 Janvier 2007 22:05, Mikolaj Machowski a écrit :
> Dnia sob sty 13 2007, Caulier Gilles napisał:
> > Let's me hear if you like these features...
>
> Feature itself is fine. But there is already similar function in one of
> digikamimageplugins?

well, yes, only to give the over exposure to all color correction tools...
but, it's hard coded in all correction algorithm, and for some one, it don't
work properly (look the result of White Balance tool for example).

i will give a common method for all plugins to give a report of over and under
exposure correction.

> In that plugin you can already do something about this problem. Only
> showing problems in main window doesn't help much. Maybe clicking icon
> in lower-right corner could bring that plugin (if available)?

no. given these indicator in Image Editor will give a feedback to see if the
pictures have been properlly exposed by the camera, for example to check the
right picture to choose in a group of similar images.

Of course, the histogram can help you for this task, but don't give the
information about the place where are the wrong exposed pixels.