[Digikam-devel] 0.9.1-release...

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Feb 23 14:39:14 GMT 2007

On Friday, 23. February 2007, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would talking about 0.9.1 final release... I think we must release this week
> end a second release candidate before final. This will delay the final
> release to 1 week...
>
> Why a second release candidate ? Because i would review some important entries
> in B.K.O next week. I have been busy to implemente the new libkdcraw this
> week and i don't have review yet B.K.O indeep before to complete the 0.9.1
> serie.
>
> In fact, next week i will be in holiday. I will have a slow internet
> connection, but more free time to work on digiKam...
>
> What do you think about ?
>
> Angelo, it's fine for you about next Mandriva plan ?
>
> Achim, Lure, it's fine for you about next Kubuntu plan ?

It's tight, but should work.

> Marcel, are you availalbe next week to review last B.K.O points together and
> talking by IRC of course ?
>
> Gerhard, it's fine for you about to do tarballs this week (RC2) and next week
> end (Final) ?
>
> To translators : this will give more time to finalize internationalization...
>
> Others points about 0.9.1 final release :
>
> - Angelo, libkexiv2 need to be released to 0.2.0 since i have fixed a critical
> bug in B.K.O. Can you do it ?
> - Angelo, Achim, Lure : Exiv2 0.13.0 will out at soon. Are you ready to update
> your packages at the same time than digiKam ?

Packages are the easy part.  Important is: is the API, ABI perserved?  I.e.
will an app compiled with 0.12 run without rebuild with 0.13?

Otherwise all apps using libexiv2 will have to be adapted and rebuild uploaded.
Not sure if that's still manageable for feisty.

Curious: what will be new in exiv2 or is it a bug fix only release ;) ?

Achim