[Digikam-devel] browsing pictures with keyboard

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 00:27:41 GMT 2007

On 11/02/07, Frank Siegert <hugelmopf at web.de> wrote:

> I assume, that many users, like me, enter the preview mode either by hitting
> <Enter> on a selected picture, or by mouse clicking on it. Thus it is not
> really discoverable to go back with <F3>; and <Escape> is also out of reach
> if navigating with arrow keys, using one hand.
> Since <Enter> and <Click on picture> is not yet taken in the preview mode,
> why not assign it to "Go back to album"? Seems very intuitive to me. What
> do others think?

This is exactly the type of behaviour that silly know-nothing users
like myself expect. When viewing thumbnails, I expect a click on a
thumbnail to bring up a large image. I expect another click on the
picture to bring me back to the thumbnails view. This is how every
other software (picassa, F-Spot) works. F3 is unintuitive, and the
wife will never find it (or accept that it is there).

Having clicks open the image editor is terrible. This should be configurable.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/276/jefferson_airplane.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/linux.html