[Digikam-devel] extragear/libs

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 16 12:21:50 GMT 2007

SVN commit 634120 by cgilles:

Kipi-Plugins from trunk : RAW Pictures Converter : using the new libkdcraw shared library to decode RAW images.

The new libkdcraw library implementation is now ready to use on extragear/libs. I have work hard to merge digiKam dcraw interface and the old RAW Converter dcraw interface. Now a common implementation is available and this kipi-plugins is the first one to use it. Next stage is to port digiKam core, but i will do it later 0.9.1-final release.

To Kipi-Plugins developpers : The API is documented into all header files. It's simple to use. You can extract RAW preview pictures for example to send it by mail, Export an HTML page, Slide pictures to screen, etc. The Preview image extraction is very fast and a QImage instance is returned. You can take a look into RAW Converter code to see how i use this library. If you want more informations, lets me hear on kde-imaging at kde.org mailing list.

Marcel, i will port digiKam core on my computer using current implementation from trunk. I will send you a patch to test at soon...

To digiKam users : the dcraw version in libkdcraw still the 8.41. I will update it later when digiKam core will be ported to libkdcraw. In fact it will be more easy to do because just one common implementation need to be fixed in likdcraw (instead RAW converter and digiKam core).

To packagers : this shared library must be packaged later digiKam 0.9.1-final, not now. All the API are not yet finalized. I will need to polish it when i will port digiKam core. This one require more options, especially to decode 16 bits RAW images.

CCMAIL: digikam-devel at kde.org, kde-imaging at kde.org, marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de

 M  +1 -3      Makefile.am.in
 M  +5 -4      kipi-plugins/README
 M  +11 -0     kipi-plugins/configure.in.bot
 M  +46 -0     kipi-plugins/configure.in.in
 M  +8 -32     kipi-plugins/rawconverter/Makefile.am
 M  +1 -1      kipi-plugins/rawconverter/actions.h
 M  +25 -10    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/actionthread.cpp
 M  +19 -10    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/actionthread.h
 M  +28 -29    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/batchdialog.cpp
 M  +18 -14    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/batchdialog.h
 M  +1 -1      kipi-plugins/rawconverter/clistviewitem.h
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcraw.c
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawbinary.cpp
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawbinary.h
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawiface.cpp
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawiface.h
 M  +1 -1      kipi-plugins/rawconverter/mtqueue.h
 M  +10 -45    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/plugin_rawconverter.cpp
 M  +1 -1      kipi-plugins/rawconverter/plugin_rawconverter.h
 A             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/rawdecodingiface.cpp   kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawiface.cpp#634031 [License: GPL]
 A             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/rawdecodingiface.h   kipi-plugins/rawconverter/dcrawiface.h#634031 [License: GPL]
 D             kipi-plugins/rawconverter/rawdecodingsettings.h
 M  +11 -11    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/savesettingswidget.cpp
 M  +11 -7     kipi-plugins/rawconverter/savesettingswidget.h
 M  +26 -27    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/singledialog.cpp
 M  +17 -13    kipi-plugins/rawconverter/singledialog.h