[Digikam-devel] browsing pictures with keyboard

Frank Siegert hugelmopf at web.de
Sun Feb 11 20:52:11 GMT 2007

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> I would support the idea to go back on mouse click, and I don't mind to do
> it on <Enter> as well.
> Currently when navigating with the mouse only, I have to go a long way and
> find the tiny toolbar icon. But I dont know if user generally expect to go
> back to icon view on a mouse click.

I think they might not expect it, but discover it easily, and then either
like it and use it, or leave it alone. So it doesn't hurt anybody? And I do
know of some galleries, where if you click on the thumbnail you go to the
picture, and if you click on the picture, you go back to the thumbnails.

>> And what about the other two points, let me repeat them:
>> > - Selecting multiple pictures with "Ctrl + (move around) + Space" (like
>> > you would do in Konqueror with files).
>> > Ctrl will let you move around, while keeping one picture selected, but
>> > it's not possible to select another picture. Only if you want multiple
>> > *neighbouring* pictures, it is possible to use "Shift + Arrowkeys"
>> > though.
>> >
>> > - Popping up the right click menu with that popup menu key between the
>> > right "Alt" and "Ctrl", as it works in many KDE programs.
>
> I have implemented this on my machine, but not yet commited because of
> ongoing work packaging beta1.
> Key_Space is also used as an accelerator key for "next picture", and this
> seems to filter out Shift+Space as well. I am currently not sure if the
> global shortcut is good or not

I don't exactly understand, which part that refers to. If for selecting
multiple pictures: I was talking about <Ctrl>+<Space>, which isn't taken by
anything yet, right?

--
Thanks,
Frank