[Digikam-devel] Another plugin for digikam

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 7 18:42:35 GMT 2007

Le mercredi 7 février 2007 19:27, Alexios Beveratos a écrit :
> Dear list
>
> In my last try to create a plugin (gps) evolved way to fas for me, and
> hence before I could even begin to work on it, it was done.
>
> Now I would like to work on a plugin for lens correction based on clens /
> PTSticher
>
> The only point is the following. It would be interesting to be able to add
> either on the database or the exif a field indicating that this photo has
> been corrected or not.
>
> Thank you

Alex,

I have already checked how to do it. In fact there are 3 plugins to do :

- A tool for digiKam image editor (DigikamImagePlugins) to perform Lens
Distorsion Correction and Anti-vignetting Correction using libpano Lens
database. These tools already exist but do not use libpano.
- A tool for digiKam main interface (Kipi-Plugins) to batch process Lens
Distorsion and Anti-vignetting. More limited than previous one (no preview of
effect on image)
- A tool for digiKam main interface (Kipi-Plugins) to perform Panorama
construction using libpano. More complicated to do.

Important : forget clens command line tool. It's just a libpano wrapper witch
is very limited : I can only fix JPEG files. PNG and TIFF are forgotten...

The ultimate solution is to use libpano shared library every-where.

About database stuff, this will be done later when we update the DB structure.

Regards