[Digikam-devel] [spam detected by bogofilter] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Feb 6 10:26:13 GMT 2007

Le mardi 6 février 2007 11:01, Gerhard Kulzer a écrit :
> Hello Gilles (or anybody)

Hi Gerhard,

> this error from the last svn comes from the likexiv2 dependancy which is
> not up-to-date. As far as I know, libkexiv2 is part of kipi-plugins now.
> Does it mean we have a digikam dependancy on the kipis?

no. In extragear/libs, there is a new libkexiv2 shared library witch remplace
the old libkexif shared library. This one will be packaged to a separe and
independant package, like libkexif.

Why do a libkexiv2 library? It's a Qt like common interface for Exiv2 library.
kipi-plugins and digiKam depend of this. to have a shared library reduce
dupplicate source code done before in digiKam core and kipi-plugins core.

> By the way, I solved the problem by recompiling the kipis from svn, no need
> for help here.

yes. just checkout extragear/libs is enought. Note than libkexiv2 will be
mandatory to release digiKam 0.9.1-beta1. Achim have prepared the way to do
Debian package. Release script are normally ready to use in svn for libkexiv2
(not yet tested here).