[Digikam-devel] 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 release plan...

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sun Dec 30 11:19:40 GMT 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 11:58:33 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In first, i hope an happy new year 2008 at all... All the best for you !
>
> Like digiKam 0.9.3 is now released, it's time to plan next release dates.
> On dedicated web project page, I have added new dates :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/releaseplan
>
> I would to have feedback from others team members if all is fine.
> Especially, from packagers to check if final date are sync with major linux
> dist release plans (Debian, Ubuntu, Suse, Mandriva, etc...)

For Ubuntu 7.04 (Hardy), 0.9.4 schedule is just a bit too agressive.

Hardy schedule [1] has BetaFreeze on March 13,  which is just couple of days
before proposed Beta of 0.9.4. Similary, final release is just a week before
Ubuntu release, which makes it unlinkely to be in time to include it.
Beta4/i18n would be prefferably before Hardy's UserInterfaceFreeze (Feb 28),
but I think we can take exception here as digikam translations are primarily
provided by upstream KDE (and not Ubuntu Rosetta translations).

If it is possible, I would suggest to move 0.9.4 schedule for Beta4, RC and
Final for at least one (better two to have some buffer) week earlier if this
is fine with you, other developers and other distro packagers.

Regards,
Luka

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule