[Digikam-devel] video metadata support: req. guidance

Loïc Brarda loic.brarda21 at fnac.net
Fri Dec 14 15:02:19 GMT 2007

2007/12/14, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:

> 2007/12/14, Loïc Brarda <loic.brarda21 at fnac.net>:

> > I don't see any kfile-plugin there. For me, it first tries to load
> > metadata through Exiv2 then if it fails, it tries to use DCraw. Adding
> > kfile-plugin when DCraw fails could be a non invasive and extensible
> > way to do it (On supported files, Exiv2 will probably always be more
> > complete than kfile-plugins).
> >
> > bool DMetadata::load(const QString& filePath)
> > {
> >     // In first, we trying to get metadata using Exiv2,
> >     // else we will use dcraw to extract minimal information.
> >
> >     if (!KExiv2::load(filePath))
> >     {
> >         if (!loadUsingDcraw(filePath))
> > ->     {
> > ->          if (!loadUsingKfilePlugins(filePath))
> >                 return false;
> > ->       }
> >     }
> >
> >     return true;
> > }
> >
> > '->' lines beeing lines inserted in the load method. And of course,
> > loadUsingKfilePlugins function has to be implemented.
>
> There is no KMetadata in DMetadata class, but in image properties panel :
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam/libs/imageproperties/imagepropertiestab.cpp?revision=670778&view=markup
>
> ... where KFileMetaInfo is called ...
>
> Gilles

Would not it be better to get all metadata in DMetadata class instead
of getting some in image properties panel and some in the class ? Is
there any metadata that KFileMetaInfo gets and not Exiv2, for file
types that Exiv2 supports ?

Regards,
  Loïc
(Who is actually doing some inventory at works, which is so
passionating that he tends to look somewhere ele more interesting ;-)