[Digikam-devel] The Photo Management For The Masses

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 6 12:39:03 GMT 2007

Gilles Caulier wrote:
>     I therefore suggest to change the slogan to
>             "The Photo Management For Everybody"
>
>     What do YOU think about it?
>

> This slogan have been inspired from Depeche Mode album "Music for the
> masses":
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_the_Masses
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_the_Masses>
>
> Of course, "For the Masses" can be unadapted with digiKam project. Feel
> free to fix it to be better...

With either phrase, I think the leading "The" is unneeded.

e.g. "Photo management For the Masses"
or   "Photo Management For Everybody"

My €0.02.

While I kinda agree with Gerhard's point about the phrase, I don't
really like the replacement suggestion.... that said I'm low on
inspiration myself today so can't think of a better one... other than
perhaps ".... for the People" (it's inclusive unlike "for the Masses"
and kinda hints a little at Freeness too).

My €0.04.

Col