[Digikam-devel] What do we want to store in the database?

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Aug 31 00:50:56 BST 2007

Here's my personal summary after reading the thread:

   o keep it simple, so digikam for KDE4 is not delayed forever.
     There's much going on in meta data handling for KDE4 and
     it's easier to help enhance it if stuff is missing instead
     of trying to solve it (again).

   o Generic fields.  I'm implies for me that that fields are
     self describing so one can write a generic browser (e.g.
     'old' ldap comes to my mind here).

   o kipi metadata interface.  IMHO they don't belong into digikam's
     database.  They should be accessible by every kipi application.
     Or better by every KDE application -> meta data interfaces
     in KDE4

Just my 2 cents,
Achim
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com