[Digikam-devel] What do we want to store in the database?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:33:54 BST 2007

2007/8/30, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
> > Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > > Currently I have these fields on my list:
> > >
> > > - comment
> >
> > I think Multiple Comments is essential. But also comments need to be
> > qualified more than just a simple text stream. Gilles mentioned 4
> > strings to be stored but I'm not sure what they all are. My suggestion
> > would be:
> >  * Source
> >  * Who/Author
> >  * Language
> >  * Comment
> >
> > Here the Source would 99.99% of the time be "Digikam" but hopefully this
> > interface can be exposed via e.g. Facebook/Flickr via Kipi plugin and
> > under these circumstances the Source would be set accordingly. Language
> > I think should be optional seeing as external comments may not have this
> > information associated with them.
>
> Just to add one more wish, I think it would be nice
> to have comments associated to a tag

Why not...

(and maybe also to an album).

This is already implemented. Look in Album Properties dialog. The only one
field which is not yet stored in DB is Collection. This last one must be
imported in DB as Tag for Albums. The Setup Collection page must be removed
and a new Albums tags setup dialog added.