[Digikam-devel] What do we want to store in the database?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:21:54 BST 2007

2007/8/30, Julien Narboux <Julien.Narboux at inria.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> Another thing which may be important to store in the database is
> information concerning backups.
> For each picture it would be interesting to now if it has been backed
> up, when and the name of the backup...
> But maybe this information should be OS general and not specific to
> Digikam.

Agree. A backup flags need to be added for the future. Backup/restore tool
is one other part to do in the future.

Another thing which may be important to store in the database is
> information concerning movies:
> length, frame number of the thumnail used, ....

Marcel ?

This raise the question of where to stop adding things. And is it
> possible to share some infrastructure with amarok ?

With nepomuk it will be possible. But it's one other KDE4 part which still
under developement and not yet tested/finalized/stabilized. This is for a
more far future..