[Digikam-devel] libkdcraw 0.1.2 available for testing

Guillaume Castagnino casta at xwing.info
Sat Aug 4 08:49:01 BST 2007

On 20:33 Tue 31 Jul     , Valerio Fuoglio wrote:
> Hi to all,
> libkdcraw 0.1.2 is ready for testing, you can find it here:
>
> http://pub.thewally.it/kipi/libkdcraw-0.1.2.tar.bz2
> http://pub.thewally.it/kipi/libkdcraw-0.1.2.tar.bz2.md5
>
> Waiting for feedback
>
> Regards,
> Valerio

Hi,

I noticed a small mistake within dcraw interpolation management : in
dcraw 8.77 (in fact dcraw 8.73), a new PPG interpolation method has
been introduced (see dcraw man page)
This cause a problem with current interpolation handling in libkdcraw :
VNG quality should be "1" and not "2". In the current state, when
selecting "VNG" in the list box, you will in fact invoke a PPG
interpolation when calling dcraw !

I have 2 fixes here :

- Only fix VNG value and ignore new PPG interpolation :
http://casta.nerim.net/libkdcraw-0.1.2-fix-VNG.patch

OR

- Fix VNG interpolation value and introduce PPG in the widget :
http://casta.nerim.net/libkdcraw-0.1.2-add-PPG.patch

The two solutions works for me (test with digikam 0.9.2)
Thanks for your work :)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Castagnino
    guilc at laposte.net / casta at xwing.info
GnuPG/PGP key :
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x8AF468AF
Fingerprint : CD52 FE40 9592 BA1E E89D 5FB6 820E 4742 8AF4 68AF