[Digikam-devel] excluding files from database?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Apr 30 12:36:37 BST 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

> > I agree with this logic. Why include all file from HDD is we manage only
> > file types registered into Mime Types setup.
> >
> > Why add a new settings to exclude file types ??? If the database only
> > manage the file registered in mime types setup, it's can be enough...

Gilles, you are of course absolutely right - a new settings
is not necessary at all!

> > Marcel, what do you think about ? This way ca be done in your new DB
> > consolidation implementation for next 0.10 release ?
> >

> Yes sure it can be done. I will try to find an elegant solution...

Just wondering: couldn't one just completely ignore files
whose (lower-case) extension is not included in any of
the listed Mime Types?
This would be possible already now and imply no change
in the database.

Only for files which are already in the database
(and not listed in the Mime Types) it would mean that
they just stay in the database
(which would be no real problem, I think ...)

Maybe one could write a simple clean-up script
to remove them from the data-base
(if the above makes sense I could give this a try;
it shouldn't be really difficult ...)

Best, Arnd