[Digikam-devel] Mysterious scaling of thumbnails

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Apr 7 20:52:41 BST 2007

Hello,

I was trying to do something with my latest idee fixe in Digikam: size
of thumbnails.

Currently max in Album view is 256 due to limitations of .thumbanils
spec. I did simple thing: changed definition of Huge in thumbnailsize.h
from 256 to 512.

Recompile, open. OK - I can move slider more to right then before. I'am
clicking Zoom In, clicking, clicking and boom. Thumbnails vanish,
replaced by generous image icon - not totally unexpected. But here is
mystery - max size of thumbnails before replacing is 288 pixels. So some
of scaling was done - images in .thumbnails are 256 pixels max.

Why this strange behavior and how can I experiment with thumbs bigger
than 288 pixels?

TIA

m.