[Digikam-devel] Using image editor canvas with Preview mode...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:02:09 BST 2007

2007/4/6, Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

> > Marcel:
> >
> > How i can fix easily the single image editor core instance problem ?
> Like
> > we have only one instance in memory, the image data are unique and we
> have
> > a conflict between preview image data and whole image data when Preview
> > Mode and Image Editor are used at the same time.
> >
> > I would to not re-implemente all core editor for preview mode. Code must
> be
> > shared to reduce dupplicate implementation. There is certainly a simple
> way
> > to find (:=)))
> >
> > Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance...
>
> Currently DImgInterface is a singleton. The singleton is accessed from
> places
> which could easily keep their own object, e.g. as a member of canvas:
> editorwindow.cpp
> imagewindow.cpp
> canvas.cpp
> showfoto.cpp
>
> But it is also accessed from all image plugins, these classes:
> ImageIFace (!!!)
> ImageDlgBase
> ImageGuideDlg
> CtrlPanelDlg
>
> Here it is necessary to have some "default" DImgInterface.
>
> So to solve this, one could try to:
> - make the DImgInterface constructor public
> - add a DImgInterface object as a member variable of Canvas
> - add a "DImgInterface::defaultInstance()" method (or keep the instance()
> method, no need to rename) for latter classes
> - add a DImgInterfacesetDefaultInstance() method to set the default
> instance -
> called from EditorWindow. Both EditorWindows (ImageWindow, ShowFoto are
> singletons themselves)

Fine for me. i need this to implement the LightTable because i will use more
than one instance of Canvas/DImgInterface at the same time, embeded in a
same KMainWindow. I will souns like an image editor view separated by
QSplitter. This vision of a future Light Table is fine for you ?

If yes, are you free time this WE to patch source code of
Canvas/DimageInterface in this way ?