[Digikam-devel] Using image editor canvas with Preview mode...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:29:59 BST 2007

Hi all,

Here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/previewwithcanvas.patch

... you can find an experimental patch to use image editor canvas with
Preview Mode. This one in action can be seen here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/canvaswithpreview.png

The patch is not perfect. The core editor use an unique instance to run, and
digiKam can crash or give strange effects if you use Preview mode and Image
Editor at the same time.

Use this patch like a moc-up. It's a possible way to give a better Preview
mode in the future, especially with zoming function. Like I have very
improved canvas implementation this week, the zoom function speed-up and can
be used as well with preview image.

Nota : preview image is not the whole image. Preview is limited to 1024x768.

Comments from users are welcome...

Marcel:

How i can fix easily the single image editor core instance problem ? Like we
have only one instance in memory, the image data are unique and we have a
conflict between preview image data and whole image data when Preview Mode
and Image Editor are used at the same time.

I would to not re-implemente all core editor for preview mode. Code must be
shared to reduce dupplicate implementation. There is certainly a simple way
to find (:=)))

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance...