[Digikam-devel] What about a lighttable

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Tue Sep 26 20:07:44 BST 2006

Hi.

i have sometimes similar pictures and try to find the best of  them. A
"lighttable" would be very handsome for this job. I think of the
following workflow...
1. Open the Lighttable as a small window (perhaps a sidebar)
2. Use drag and drop to put the photos in there (normally 3, 4, 5 or so)
3. Resize the Lighttable to full screen -> the thumbs of all pictures in
there will be increased to a size that they all fit in the lighttable
4. I select some of the pictures using the mouse for a closer look and
use the wheel on the mouse to increase their size -> this leeds to a
smaller size for the pictures that i did'nt have selected (would be
really cool, if the unselected pictures move to the border of the window
while the selected windows move to the center).

This function would make it much easier to compare pictures manually to
find the one that i like best.

What Do You think of it ?
Oliver