[Digikam-devel] kdevelop setup for kipiplugins......

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Sep 22 13:54:27 BST 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 14:42, chris bayley wrote:

I Chris,

> I know this is an innane question, but I am suffering from a brain fart
> at present:
>
> A while ago I did some development on the cdarchiving plugin and created
> a patch to add resized images to the web interface.

cool !!! (:=)))

> Recent changes in
> svn require that I revisit some of my work, but I can't for the life of
> me remeber how to setup kdevelop et al for debugging libraries with
> breakpoints etc.
>
> I know I have this setup in the past but memory fails me for the instant.

Well, it's easy. just use the kipiplugins.kdevelop project from svn. all is
set...

I'm _always_ using kdevelop to  develop digiKAm &co. i'm never use another
editor : i hate emacs, vi etc ! Look here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/kipipluginswithkdevelop.png

Just unforget to install the plugin compiled before to start a debugging
session into kdevelop using digiKam like kipi host.

unforget to set to on all debug info before to compile digiKam and plugins
(this option is on in the kdevelop project).

> As soon I am finished I'll post the patch to bugs and take a looking at
> albumless sorts recently mentioned.

Well, use kde-imaging at kde.org ML instead digikam-devel at kde.org. You will find
all kipi developpers and coordinators in this room.