[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Sep 21 19:21:54 BST 2006

Le Mercredi 20 Septembre 2006 05:34 PM, Alexios Beveratos a écrit :
> Gilles
>
> I see that you had alreadyy implemeted the 1st point. good
>
> the usage is the following
>
> gpsbabel -t -i geo -f /tmp/geocaching.loc -o gpx -F /tmp/geocaching.gpx
>
> -t : We would like to download track points (i am pretty sure it is
> -t. otherwise it should be -w for waypoitns, but I will check)
>
> -i : input format. It is user selectable.
> -f : the input file. it can be a /dev/gps. For exemple this works for
> Garmin GPS. You can directly read
>
> -o : output format
>
> -F : output file. It can be a tmp file
>
> I will check wich output format is the easiest to use and will tell you (I
> think tha gpspoint format is quite handy)

Ok, i will implemented a basic GPSBabel interface using KProcess (like i use
with dcraw in Raw Converter).

There is already a GpsBabelBinary class witch detect if th eprogram is
installed into the computer, and if we have the right version.

The problem with gpsbabel is the inpout format recognition. We _must_ set the
right inpout format before to convert data. There is no auto-detect format
like with dcraw for example.

I'm waiting your indeep comments about gps format investiguations.

Are you get a KDE svn account ?

Gilles