[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Sep 19 13:57:16 BST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 14:09, Alexios Beveratos wrote:
> Gilles,
>
> Your proposition seems very good for me. I will subscribe to kipi

ok. thanks. There is a thread started today by me about this subject. Look
here:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-imaging/2006-September/003398.html

> (how do I
> get a svn access ?)

look here :

http://developer.kde.org/joining/applysvnaccount.php

> and begin coding.

Please wait (:=))) I 'm currently working on the new plugin implementation.
Look here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/newkipigpssyncplugin.png

> The only thing is that I do not have
> a lot of time, and hence it may lag a bit behind

Take your time. Let's me 1 or 2 days to finalize the plugin.

I have cleaned/improved your code. It's more clear. I will trying to add a
generic GPS file parser class to be abble to add new GPS file formats in the
future.

I recommend you to study now the gpsbabel stuff... and prepare a new GPS file
parser for that.

If you can send me some gpspoint file to test, i will be happy. thanks in
advance.