[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Sep 19 19:52:02 BST 2006

Le Dimanche 17 Septembre 2006 11:22 PM, Alexios Beveratos a écrit :
> Dear Gilles,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I know that many checks must be performed in order
> to be sure that the application does not crash.
>
> I will look into the dmetadata and look the kipi plugin.

Alex,

About the GPS kipi-plugin, this is my proposal :

1/ This week, is will created a new kipi-plugin named 'GPSSync' (or something
like that).
2/ The plugin will include the interface to get current selected images from
kipi-host.
3/ The plugin will provide a KListView based list of current image with all
colums informations than your GPS application provide, including the preview
of images, like RAW Converter plugin do. Look on the right of this
screenshot :
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/newkipirawconverter.png

4/ I will add 2 new methods in the kipi-plugins Exiv2 interface to set/get GPS
informations in Exif metadata.

In charge for you :

- to make a interface with all common GPS file data format provided by GPS
devices. You have already started this job in you application.
- to connect your interface in the plugin and use the kipi-plugins Exiv2
interface to set GPS informations in images.

If all is right for you, you need to have a write access to KDE svn
repository. Also, you need to be registred to kipi mailing list :
kde-imaging at kde.org.

What do you thing about ?