[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Sep 18 21:50:00 BST 2006

Le Dimanche 17 Septembre 2006 10:03 PM, Alexios Beveratos a écrit :
> Dear Gilles
>
> Sure, you can look in my code, for the moment it is a bit messy and quite
> rudimentary. I will try to continue develop the following days

Just a speed look into your code : i have seen that you have'nt use the C++
exception to control each Exiv2 call. This is wrong because your app will
crash if something is wrong with exiv2.

Look the DMetadata class from digiKam core for example :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp?rev=576472&view=auto

Also, in kipi-plugins, i have started to implemente a common exiv2 interface
witch will be used by all plugins instead libkexif. I need to improve this
code, but in all case, if you want to create a kipi-plugin, i think that all
your code witch use exiv2 library need to be moved in this interface.

Actually, the interface is only used by RAW converter. I will move this code
outside this plugin. The code is very simple actually, and will be improved
accordinly with all kipi-plugins requirements.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/rawconverter/exiv2iface.cpp?rev=584763&view=auto