[Digikam-devel] digiKamimageplugins 0.9.0-beta2 package is avaliable

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Sep 12 11:45:54 BST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 12:36, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, F.J.Cruz wrote:
> > The 0.9.0-beta package is avaliable at
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.9.0-beta2/ for testing
> >
> > Feedback please.
>
> Just compiled both digikam and the plugins from the above location
> (see below for full notes on the install).
> Overall everything looks fine.
>
> Just some minor points:
>
> - Decoding raw files (Canon 350D) I get in the console
>
> Warning: Directory Canon has an unhandled next pointer.
> Warning: Size 5352 of Exif.Canon.0x4002 exceeds 4096 bytes limit. Not
> decoded.
> kio_digikampreview: Running dcraw command dcraw -c -e
> '/home/abaecker/Pictures/Neues Album erstellen/EOS350D/RAW/IMG_1939.CR2'
> kio_digikampreview: Using embedded RAW preview extraction
> Warning: Directory Canon has an unhandled next pointer.
> Warning: Size 5352 of Exif.Canon.0x4002 exceeds 4096 bytes limit. Not
> decoded.
> kio_digikampreview: Exif Orientation: 1

nothing abnormal. Some warning from Exiv2 library about some exif tags bigger
than the standard Exif limit... Note: RAW files are not a standard...

>   "Rating" "Higher than" "******"
>   This cannot produce any results as presently 5 is the maximum.

yes. 0 <= rating value <= 5.

>   I would like to see: ">=",  "="  and "<=".
>   Should I file a bug-report/feature wish?

Rating search is actually limited. It can be extended easily, but it's not a
priority. We will do it later.

Look if there is a file in B.K.O about this subject (look "searches"
component), before to create another one. No need to dupplicate one.