[Digikam-devel] thumbnailing (again)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Oct 30 06:26:20 GMT 2006

On Sunday 29 October 2006 01:06, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when using a big flashmemory or an image tank with hundreds of pictures
> digikam (cvs-trunk) has problems to generate the thumbnails in the download
> manager. Everytime I plug in the card/cam/image tank the download manager
> creates the thumbnails from the first image to the last image. OTOH the
> manager identifies the new images by showing a star-symbol
>
> So, it seems to be useful
> - to create the thumbnails of new images first,
> - to create the thumbnails of the images that a part of the current view,
> - to have a button to interrupt thumbnailing otherwise I can wait a really
> long time until I can operate again in the downloadmanager. The second part
> seems already realized in standard album view of digikam.
>
> When using a 20GB image tank the download manager becomes unusable.
>
> Oh and a small graphic bug: When clicking in the background of the download
> area I get a 1x1 pixel selection. I think only dragging and not clicking
> should span a selection area(?)
>
> Bye

Thorsten

Please look in B.K.O on Cameragui component if some reports already exist
about your problem. If yes, vote for it, if no please create new one.

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikam&component=Camera%20GUI&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Note : since digiKam 0.9.0-beta3 is out, no news features will be added to
digiKam until 0.9.0-final planed at Christmast.