[Digikam-devel] How to compile svn version with language files ?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Oct 27 20:05:57 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 27 Octobre 2006 18:11, Fabien a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a small question :
>
> I would like to compile the latest svn version with language files. How
> can I do that ?
>
> I saw the files in svn, eg for french :
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/fr/messages/extragear-graphics/
> but I can't figure out how can I get all the right files for digikam
> (and kipi-plugins).
>

> I will add the answer to the website :)

1/ go to your local root "extragear-graphics" directory :

#cd /home/gilles/Documents/Devel/SVN/trunk/graphics/extragear-graphics/

2/ Checkout the extragear-graphics i10n language that you want into this
directory :

#svn co -N
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n/fr/messages/extragear-graphics ./fr

3/ Go to i10n directory and create a new Makefile.am

#cd fr
#touch Makefile.am

Edit the Makefile.am, and add the following content:

KDE_LANG= fr
POFILES = AUTO

4/ Recontruct Makefiles

# cd ..
# make -f Makefile.cvs ; ./configure --enable-debug=full

5/ back to i10n directory, compile and install :

# cd fr
# make
# su
# make install

That all. Now you have the translated digikam and DigikamImagePlugins. The
same way can be used with kipi-plugins.

Note : you can update the content of i18n directory from svn to get the last
translations fix. Just do :

# cd fr
# svn up
# make