[Digikam-devel] Suggestion: Support for multiple base Directories

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Oct 13 14:26:36 BST 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 15:21, Florian Ehinger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think a quite useful and not to difficult to implement feature would be a
> menu for quick-switching the base directory of the database.
>
> With that it would be easier to handle external media since you could just
> create a new database for every media an selecting it when starting
> digikam.
>
> Bye
>   Florian

There are a lots of wishes in KDE bugzilla about multiple album collections
management path.

This will be done later 0.9.0 release, when we will ported digiKam & co to Qt4
and re-writted a new database backend interface like Amarock have done (this
one will not be limited to SQlite DB)

After that, managed multiple path can be done more easily.

Regards