[Digikam-devel] Talking about the future task (later 0.9.0-final)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 3 12:03:43 BST 2006

Hi all,

i have started my first investiguations about the 2 next major jobs to do
later 0.9.0 final release :

- Qt4.0/KDE 4.0 port
- CMake port.

The first one is not very complicated. We just need to use the new API. To
have a look into Qt 4.0 and digikam source code, i think it's a long but
trivial task.

The question in suspend is : when we will port digikam to Qt 4.0,
DigikamImagePlugins, kipi-plugins, and libkipi need to be port at the same
time ?

The second task is more complicated, because this require than all extragear
applications migrate at the same time. Right? If yes, a solution is to use a
branch instead trunk. What do you think about ?

Others question is : both jobs must be done at the same time or can be
separate ?

Note : I think that Qt 4.0 port must be done before to add new features in
digiKam (new DB interface for example).

Comments are welcome.