[Digikam-devel] GPS/gpssync

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Oct 2 12:03:56 BST 2006

Hi,

to start with, the new gpssync is brilliant!!!

On my machine there seem to be, however, some small problems:

- there are always scrollbars (only a very small region is missing,
  and this seems to be independent of the window size)
  (I can send you a screenshot if you want)
- resizing the window, the map is sometimes not shown
- Zooming in a little and then
  dragging with the mouse vertically, there is no download of new
  tiles (just a grey area is displayed)
  Horizontally, this works without problem.

  Zooming in/out it may also happen the marker ends up in a grey
  area without a map.

- Trying to change between Map/Satellite/Hybrid view
  reproducibly displays nothing anymore from then on.

- After having successfully applied a position to an image,
  the embedded GPS display (in digikam), only shows
  "(nan, nan)"

Anyway, overall it looks very very nice - great work!

Now for me only off-line usage (e.g. using the maps from
http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_detail.php?id=7131)
and user-supplied maps (with a lot of detail)
would be my next wishes on the GPS side...

Many thanks for all your work,

Arnd