[Digikam-devel] GPS coordinate accuracy

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:12:46 GMT 2006

Fabien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
>>On Friday 24 November 2006 16:26, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>>
>>>when specifying a location with the new
>>>"Edit geographical coordinates" tool   (Brilliant, BTW!!)
>

> I agree :)
>

>>>on the best zoom-level,
>>>this leads to coordinates like
>>>51.02370121634948, 13.710897266864777
>>>Assigning this to the image and checking
>>>the location with "google maps", "more info"
>>>leads to "51.0235,13.7103333333"
>>>which is off by several meters.
>

> I just tried and for me, it works perfectly...
> Note: I open the location for more info in firefox, not konqueror, but
> it should be the same I guess.

Well, sorry. I just had a quick look and didn't check carefully the
values... I saw on the map that it was a the same place, but I didn't
look with very high zoom :)

But, be careful about google map values, they are not always accurate.
On some places, when I use a mixed view, roads are off by more than 10m
than satellite view (in that case, it's the satellite view that's not
correctly georeferenced)...

--
Fabien