[Digikam-devel] Qt 4.0 port and new DB backend...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 22 22:42:48 GMT 2006

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> Yes, I have been following blogs (planet.kde.org) and read the akademy
> presentation PDF.
> If you remember, long ago Scott Wheeler planned an extensive search framework
> called "Tenor" which would include contextual linking. There was never much
> more than plan and thoughts for this project. Robert Cappuccio started to
> write "Kat", a file indexer similar to Beagle, but this project also died for
> reasons unknown to me.

In the interests of completeness I should mention "Tracker":

http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/
http://live.gnome.org/Tracker

Don't be afraid of the Gnome links :) It claims to be DE agnostic!

The important thing here is the fact that it uses an FDO standard.

Not sure if Strigi also uses this standard:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards/shared-filemetadata-spec
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/CommonExtendedAttributes

Worth mentioning at any rate although I doubt this is really relevent
here...

Col