[Digikam-devel] try2: test/check digikam(imageplugins) 0.9.0-rc1 tarballs

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Nov 20 20:53:38 GMT 2006

On Monday, 20. November 2006 21:32, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Friday, 17. November 2006 12:05, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > Le Vendredi 17 Novembre 2006 02:40, Achim Bohnet a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > thx to Gilles for the fixes. digikam builds here now with exiv2 0.10.
> > > (on Kubuntu/Edgy).  Quick tests were fine here.  I've updated
> > > the tarball (same name as yesterday!):
> > >
> > >    http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/tmp/digikam-0.9.0-rc1.tar.bz2
> > > 17-Nov-2006 01:52  5.3M (md5sum: 99f094cf3789357f57b9e73c34591180)
> > >
> > > It contains a RELEASE.rev file with:
> > >
> > > Last Changed Rev: 605517
> > > Last Changed Date: 2006-11-17 01:45:42 +0100 (Fri, 17 Nov 2006)
> > >
> > > The digikamimageplugins tarball has not changed since yesterday:
> > >
> > >    http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/tmp/digikamimageplugins-0.9.0-rc1.tar.bz2
> > > 16-Nov-2006 02:09  3.5M (md5sum: 82ef9fffb900b62a19a4caea5a7472d7)
> > >
> > > Please report any problem.  If no showstopper is found,
> > > we'll upload and announce next Sunday or Monday.
> > >
> > > Thx,
> > > Achim
> >
> > Achim, i have fixed an important bug about DMetadata class with commit
> > #605581. Look B.K.O file #136855 for details.
> >
> > Can you rebuild digiKam tarball ? Thanks in advance
>
> Tarball updated: 6921f48acdedd238298abf12eff06da5  digikam-0.9.0-rc1.tar.bz2
>
> http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/tmp/digikam-0.9.0-rc1.tar.bz2
>
> Please test. Build fine here on Kubuntu/Dapper.
> I'll work on the announcement now.

Here's my draft of the announcement (most stuff merged from beta1 announcement)
Suggestions welcome.

I'll plan to upload and announce tomorrow (Tuesday) night.

Achim

The digiKam team is proud to announce the first release candidate of
digiKam 0.9.0 and digiKamimageplugins 0.9.0.

The 0.9 series has been under heavy development since November 2005 and
offers you the opportunity to test and enjoy a variety of new features,
additions and improvements.

The source for digikam and digikamimageplugins 0.9.0-rc1 is available from:

Features in digikam 0.9-rc1
===========================

	http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/features09x

New features and bug fixes since beta3
======================================

	103255 : Add (not edit) EXIF headers like date, comment etc.
	91812  : Viewer/editor for IPTC meta data.
	136138 : set as album thumbnail doesn't change the icon immediately.
	135851 : Wish to view IPTC in different order.
	136162 : ISO Slider label is incorrectly labeled as "sensibility", should be sensitivity.
	133026 : Crashes on systems using hyperthreading.
	136260 : Awkward management of metadata and digikam-tags and comments.
	36769 : digiKam crashes when resetting Album icon (with no album selected).
	136749 : Tags are not kept with images when album is moved in album hierarchy.
	123623 : digiKam freezes or is very slow.
	96993  : Ability to view next next image in folder in showfoto.
	136643 : showfoto can open CRW, but not shown in file dialogue.
	137063 : Keyboard shortcut for 'paste' action not working.
	137461 : Typo croping must be cropping.
	137282 : Comments are lost when copying or moving a picture to another album.
	132805 : Crash when assinging keywords.
	137204 : Crash when applying IPTC data.
	135407 : Reproducible crash selecting photos from collection.
	136086 : Crash when saving any type of files.
	137612 : Showfoto doesn't refresh the photo preview when deleting a picture.
	dcraw implementation updated to version 8.41.

Digikam Movie Tour
==================

There are four demonstration videos (Flash format) available highlighting some
of the new features.

How to import a RAW file in 16 bits color depth into digiKam image editor
using Color Management:
http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/124

On the usage of the camera interface and how to add IPTC information to an
image file:
http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/125

On the new fast RAW file preview mode, the use of color profiles, image
plugins supporting 16 bit and user interface improvements for all image
plugins:
http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/126

How to use the black and white converter and the add border image plugin,
again demonstrating user interface improvements and full 16 bit support:
http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/127

How to help us
==============

This release is a beta release, which means that we ask users to test this
version of digiKam and report bugs.
If you have found a bug, please report it to the bug tracking system at
bugs.kde.org. In a first step, confirm that there is not already a bug report
for your problem. A list of open bug reports for digikam can be found at

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikam&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

and for digikamimageplugins at

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikamimageplugins&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

General information on digikam and digikamimageplugins

digiKam is a digital photo management application for KDE,
focussed on importing, organizing and editing digital photos,
aimed at all types of users.

digiKam imageplugins enhance digiKam's image editor with
more than 2 dozen plugins that make correcting your photos easier.

WWW:  www.digikam.org
IRC:  irc.freenode.net - #digikam
MAIL: digikam-users at kde.org digikam-devel at kde.org

The digiKam team