[Digikam-devel] How to compile svn version with language files ?

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:07:53 GMT 2006

Hello,

I discovered one problem with the local installation :
if digikam is not installed on the system *and* that there's already a
KDE program running (eg kde desktop, konqueror, etc...), digikam won't
work properly because of "unknown protocol" (digikamdates,
digikamalbums, etc...).

Fortunately, there's a workaround : KDEDIRS must be defined before the
1st kde program running. For kde desktop, it's possible to use a
~/.profile that contains the KDEDIRS variable.

I guess there's a problem when kdeinit starts without this extra path,
it's already too late to define KDEDIRS.

Does somebody know if it's possible to update it on runtime, or to start
digikam within a new context ?

It would be better, because now one need to restart KDE when one want to
modify this KDEDIRS...

--
Fabien