[Digikam-devel] database format (converting from kimdaba)

Florian Ehinger florian at kflog.org
Wed May 17 15:31:47 BST 2006

Hello,

I want to change my current kimdaba database to digikam.
There exists a perl-script kim_2_digikam which should do the job. However I
have some problems with that. When I want to start digikam with the new file
I get a message that the old database
could not be converted to the new database version. After that digikam is
closing.

When I try to open the converted file with digikam 0.7 the following warning
is reported and I see only my first category in digikam.

WARNING: [bool AlbumDB::execSql(const QString&, QStringList*, bool)]
sqlite_compile error: table Albums already exists on query: CREATE TABLE
Albums (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,  url TEXT NOT NULL UNIQUE,  date DATE NOT
NULL,  caption TEXT,  collection TEXT,  ignoreprops BOOLEAN,  icon TEXT);

Do you have an idea which could be the problem, or can you give me a
description of the digikam.db database so that I could check my current one
if it is in the right format?

Thank you
  Florian