[Digikam-devel] Reg Kipi-interface in Digikam

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon May 8 14:07:21 BST 2006

Le Samedi 06 Mai 2006 11:46 AM, Vardhman Jain a écrit :
> Hi,
>        I am trying to hack in to the kipiinterface.cpp/.h files for adding
> some functionality to the attributes/setAttributes etc functions. I have
> some doubts whose clarfification will help me a great deal.

You want said these methods :

QMap<QString,QVariant> DigikamImageInfo::attributes()
void DigikamImageInfo::clearAttributes()
void DigikamImageInfo::addAttributes( const QMap<QString,QVariant>& )

right ?

> The function Albumdb->getItemTagNames( ImageId id)   takes an image id as
> an argument, while almost all other functions mostly use a combination of
> Album id and photo Url.
> There are some functions which work on ImageId but they are not at all used
> in implementation.
>
> As far as I can see there is no easy way to obtain an ImageId given a
> DigikamImageInfo object. Therefore I would like to ask if it would be okay
> to add another method in albumDb interface to allow seeking the tag info by
> combination of AlbumId and imageURL or a function should be added to return
> the imageId of a image given its AlbumId and imageURL in the albumDB file
> again ?

Yes, you can do it. Just overload the current methods and don't touch the
current implementation. Like this you don't unbreak the tests released on
this methods for 0.9.0 release.

Please, add comments in method headers, like others current methods using
Doxygen syntax.

When you commit, please CCMAIL on digikam-devel at kde.org. Thanks in advance...