[Digikam-devel] [svn-0.9] IE sub process not killed when IE window is closed.

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun May 7 15:35:43 BST 2006

Am Sonntag 07 Mai 2006 11:11 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Le Dimanche 7 Mai 2006 02:03, Thorsten Schnebeck a écrit :
> > Another small bug in current SVN:
> >
> > Clicking on a thumbnail starts the IE and if a raw file is involved also
> > a dcraw sub process. If I now immediately close the IE the sub process
> > still runs.
>
> I remember that there is a pending task about this subject in
> Digikam::DImg::RawLoader implementation. Marcel, your viewpoint ?

The process is created with popen and closed with pclose. However, pclose does
not kill the process but waits for its termination.
So there is currently no support for aborting the loading of a raw file.

The discussion was about if we will move to some sort of library one day (the
freedesktop project) and then we could support aborting without problems.

We might want to port the code to KProcess, which we can kill. I don't know if
there are any good reasons for using popen.

Marcel