[Digikam-devel] Reg Kipi-interface in Digikam

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:46:44 BST 2006

Hi,
       I am trying to hack in to the kipiinterface.cpp/.h files for adding
some functionality to the attributes/setAttributes etc functions. I have
some doubts whose clarfification will help me a great deal.

The function Albumdb->getItemTagNames( ImageId id)   takes an image id as an
argument, while almost all other functions mostly use a combination of Album
id and photo Url.
There are some functions which work on ImageId but they are not at all used
in implementation.

As far as I can see there is no easy way to obtain an ImageId given a
DigikamImageInfo object. Therefore I would like to ask if it would be okay
to add another method in albumDb interface to allow seeking the tag info by
combination of AlbumId and imageURL or a function should be added to return
the imageId of a image given its AlbumId and imageURL in the albumDB file
again ?

Thanks in anticipation!
Regards,
Vardhman