[Digikam-devel] Customizing compiler options for a plugin

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Tue May 2 18:04:04 BST 2006

Hi Gerhard,

Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 18:33, Peter Heckert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I wanted to set the -ffast-math compiler option for the
>> Noisereduction plugin,
>> how should I do this?
>>

> for example like this:
> make CXXFLAGS='-O2 -march=pentium4 -ffast-math -mmmx -msse2
That wouldnt be portable...
And the Makefile is automake generated

Anyway, after some meditation I came to the conclusion better not to
modify or optimize the digikam plugin  other than for bugfixing in this
early state.

I trie to rewrite and optimize the gimp-plugin and encapsulate all image
put/get
operation into their own class. So when the filter should be ported to
digikam,
cinepaint or else, then only this interface class must be
modified/rewritten.
Because I have a dayjob and can only work on weekend or evening, this will
take some time...

regards,

Peter